Sunday, November 20, 2011

Soup and brownies.

A friend of mine was coming over for soup a few nights ago.  Its been something of a favorite past time with her.  It all started many years ago when we worked together and would bring each other food.  Lots of time, I brought soup.  The first time I ever mad soup was in my first apartment.  I was 20 years old and it was a 0 points weight watchers soup.  All veggies.  I fell in soup, err I mean love with making soup.  I've been making soups for close to 10 years now...

My Friend ending up not being able to come over, but I still made soup of course.  It was wonderful.
Pumpkin-Black Bean-Chipotle Soup.  I'd like to take a moment here to sing the praises of chipotle anything.  I just love the flavor.

This is the recipe I used:
http://dieflaschenpost.blogspot.com/2007/12/pumpkin-black-bean-chipotle-soup.html

I didn't read the directions well enough.  Oh well.  I coarsely pureed ALL the beans.  I used chipotle chile powder. Its expensive, but sooo good.  I didn't buy any cilantro, so I added a bit of coriander.  I know that coriander is the seeds and cilantro is the leaves, but the soup was so good.  I used only 1.5 chipotles in adobo.  Next time I'll used the full amont called for.  It wasn't too" pumpkiny".  So more of that next time as well.  I think I'll just give the tomatoes a little chop.  I like the texture and flavor of tomats a lot!  Mmhhmm.  Hope its one of those better the next day soups!

Then I made some brownies.  I really like the nestle recipe.   It can easily be found with a google search.  I didnt use any eggs in this recipe for the first time.  Insread I used ground flax seed in a ratio of 1T flax to 3T water.  You have to let it sit for a few minutes.  Its incredible how it works JUST like eggs!  The above mentioned ratio is for one "egg".  It works well in lentil loaf also.  More to come in another post about that. 
Anywho, back to brownies.  They tasted the same right out of the oven.  Once they were a day or two old they got a little nuttier.  I urge you to try replacing eggs in your recipes with the flax mix.  It was many benefits.  No Cholesterol.  More fiber.  Just to name a few. 

No comments:

Post a Comment